To ease the pain of traveling, I like to focus on what i'm wearing that will get me to my final destination (sounds so ominous, right?) I like to dress simple, focus on comfort as my flight today will be long and overnight, and also dress smart.. I mentioned "smart" because there are so many things that you can do beforehand to cut down on any potential security screenings and make the act of traveling more comfortable. Today I will be sharing some style tips for traveling that I hope will make your travelling journey easier especially as the holiday season is just a few months away!
- Keep your look simple. I like to wear mostly black when I travel. Sometimes I throw in one complimentary color, such as burgundy or beige. The reason i would recommend this is because black is always in style and I always end up dropping food over myself (i'm accident prone) so it hides any drama!
- Wear socks! Is there anything worse than forgetting to pack socks and then having to tiptoe through the security line with bare feet? I think not. Also, the airplane is usually extremely cold so make sure to protect your feet.
- Forget anything strappy or full of buckles. Like I said before, simplicity is key. By avoiding anything superfluous like strappy sandals and buckled boots, you can cut down on the time you spend preparing for security and up your in-flight comfort factor too!
- Minimize your jewelry. Instead of piling your wrists with watches and bracelets, keep your accessories to a minimum. Nine times out of ten you will be asked to remove everything before going through airport security.
- Layer up. Wear your most comfortable pair of jeans or leggings/yoga pants—preferably in a dark color. Top off your look with a simple tee and a cozy sweater or relaxed blazer. Finally, twist on a scarf (or pack one in your carry-on). We all know that planes get chilly! A tip from Lauren Conrad's Blog is to "keep my jacket and scarf packed in my carry-on to cut down on the time I spend getting ready to go through security. If I already have these layers off, then I don’t need to worry about taking them on and off during the security screening. Once I’m through security, I usually pile these items on to prepare for the artic temps to come on the plane"
- Always pack some clothes in your carry-on. In case your bag gets lost or stolen, you will have a pair of clothes when you land.
- Remember the little things. Bring your headphones, neck-pillow, eye mask (I bring mine!), meds (I need these) anything else that you need to make yourself feel comfortable.
- Comfort is key! Wear what makes you feel comfortable as you could be on a plane for hours! Even if that's a sweatshirt to a casual jumpsuit. Comfort is the most important fashion rule. All these celebs that look amazing coming out of the airport, well, number 1 they have stylists and secondly, they change before they land.
I hope this helps you with your fashion travel style and if you have some tips to share with us, then please message us, DM us on IG or email! We would love to see your travel style.