I've recently been ordering quite a few clothes online for parties and different events. Some I've had a great experience and some have been atrocious. Here is a quick re-cap of some of the websites I have ordered from (please note this is my experience which may differ from someone else's):
- Website is user friendly
- Customer service is great. They respond in a timely fashion and are very helpful
- Keep you updated on your shipment
- Fast service
- The material description is accurate on the website
- On time delivery. My package came earlier which was awesome!
- You can order your outfit to be stitched in small, medium or large.
- The colours of the clothes are not the same as the website (this is a huge pet peeve of mine with ordering clothes online). There is no way you can return an item unless it's damaged so I would recommend trying to find "real-life" pictures. Go to the Maria B Instagram account to check out real people wearing the clothes before you order.
- Not everything is included in your package. Read the fine print! I ordered an outfit and only some of the beads were provided in the package and not all that was shown on the display picture. I wish they gave you the option to pay more but receive all the pieces as shown in the picture.
- The prices are high but Maria B is a huge brand and designer so I think if you keep that in mind, the prices aren't bad.
- So remember when I said you could order it only in 3 sizes, well you may need to get it altered later because they don't really explain what measurements constitutes a small, medium or large which is frustrating as our bodies are not cookie cutter!
For International buyers, here are a few tips:
- International shoppers get access to pre-ordering a week in advance so write that down!
- Use your PayPal account to pay as many credit cards get declined
Side Note: I am selling the pink/peach suit in case someone is interested! Just send us an email. and check out our Instagram page to see pics of the suit.
- The website is user friendly
- Customer service is awful. It was so bad that I didn't even order my clothes. They never respond back to you and I had a really bad experience.
- The pre-order went up on sale and everything was sold out in maybe 5 minutes which is impossible. Either they have a limited stock (which some brands do on purpose to create hype and exclusivity). So I went on the website at the time when the pre-order was supposed to start (I was actually online earlier than that) and everything was already sold out, which was crazy. I ordered one suit and by the time I hit my shopping basket, it was sold out. They did re-stock a few pieces later but they were the ones that weren't as pretty. On their IG and Facebook, there are hundreds of complaints and the fact that they apparently give all their clothes to socialites beforehand and the pubic doesn't have access to clothes.
- Prices are very hiked up for clothes with limited embroidery. Crimson is a brand so I guess you are paying for the name more than the actual material.
So would I order from them again? the chances are very low.
- Website is very user friendly
- Great customer service
- Tracking for your package and on-time delivery
- Materials are like how they are shown on the website
- Just like Maria B, not all the pieces shown on the website were included in the package. There was nothing listed on the fine print either on the website. Once again. it would be great to be able to pay a little extra and receive EVERYTHING that is shown on the site.
- The colours were a little off again. They use way too much lighting on their pictures which completely distorts the colour. Baroque and Maria B, need to show their clothes in its true form as there are no returns or exchanges.
- The work on the materials looked fancier online than in real life. Although I did read the description on exactly what was being done on the clothes I was still a little disappointed when I received them.
I would recommend Baroque as they were still more true to the pictures shown on their website. They do stitch clothes for you as well. My friend ordered her outfit stitched and it came back really nicely sewn.
A friend of mine orders regularly from Sana Safinaz and she raves about their service. I haven't ordered anything from them yet so I didn't want to do a review on them but do check them out! Another great store is Khaadi, if you want casual wear but once again I haven't ordered from them but I have heard that their service is great.
Hope you enjoyed our reviews!