Let's start of with some quick tips to keep in mind:
- It’s important that your look reflects your personality and who you are. Don’t dress ‘how you think they would like you to dress’, as you are not being true to yourself. It’s not a fancy dress occasion, you are going as yourself.
- Dress appropriately for the date if it’s a picnic then jeans (or shorts) and top or t-shirt. If it’s a formal dinner then a nice dress or skirt and blouse.
- Bad hygiene is an instant deal breaker! take care of all that stuff before-hand.
- Choose an outfit that accentuates your good bits and conceals the bits you don’t like. For example, if you don’t like your bottom half, draw their attention to your top half by wearing brighter colours up top or an amazing piece of bling around your neck.
- Dress sexy not slutty. Some women think “he will like it, if I wear a little top, micro mini and fishnets” – WRONG! Most guys are turned on by ‘less is more’.
- When in doubt about what to wear, call upon the ‘Little Black Dress’ (LBD). You can dress it down, or dress it up depending on the date location. To add some spice to the look, team it up with some sexy colourful heels and matching clutch or some amazing statement jewelry.
- Don’t wear too much make up and don’t over-do the perfume.
Ok so let's dive in to outfit ideas. So the right outfit is not universal for everyone. I've seen girls wear dresses for v-day, shorts, jumpsuits, skirts and pants. There is no right or wrong thing to wear. The golden rule to any outfit is to wear something that gives you confidence! There is nothing sexier than a woman who exudes confidence so wear something that makes you feel good and sexy....whatever that may be! Accentuate your plus points, so if you have really sexy shoulders, opt for a off the shoulder dress/shirt. If you love your back then go for something backless. the possibilities are endless!
Just remember to be yourself and maybe add a little bit of sexy to your outfit just to keep him on his toes. So if you are more of a casual girl who lives in her jeans and sneakers. Your date is taking you somewhere uber fancy and you are stressing over what to wear. Opt for maybe a simple sheath dress or a jumpsuit so you're still comfortable, with a pair of flats because heels are not your thing! Maybe curl your hair so you get that instant sexy beg-head thing going on, wear a red lipstick, or add a lace bralette under your outfit so he gets a little peak here and there. If your significant other likes a certain colour then try to incorporate that in your outfit.
The most important question that many people think about is....do I wear red on valentine's day or is it too corny? We say, YES! wear it...why not? But don't go head-to-toe in bright red! Try to add in red in little pieces or opt for pink instead? If you want to be a true fashionista then go for burgundy or blush! I absolutely love both of those colours and I find it so sexy and classy.
Another great tip is to wear something different or new on Valentine's day. But don't go OTT or buy something new for no reason. Wear something that your significant other has never seen before so it's exciting or wear something that you would never normally wear. For example, If you aren't huge on jewelry but on v-day add on a pair of studs or earrings just to spice things up. If you don't wear bold or bright colours, try adding a bright colour in your outfit....it could be your bag or your shoes! Dress up not only for him but yourself as well! Keep things exciting and fresh....trust me, men are oblivious but he will notice when you do little things for him.
DINNER FOR TWO:
For the more traditional route when it comes to Valentine’s Day. A dinner reservation at one of your favorite spots is the perfect way to celebrate your love. We say go all-out. Put on a pretty dress, wear those fancy heels, and grab a sparkly clutch.
If you’re living the single life or just don’t feel like celebrating V-Day with your partner, a ladies’ night out is always a good idea. Getting together with a bunch of your best girlfriends is the perfect way to ring in any holiday… especially one based around love. For an outing like this, I would go a little more fun and flirty. Wear a shorter dress or an off the shoulder top, strap on some high heels, and add a pop of color where you can.
For couples looking for a low-key Valentine’s Day, an evening in sounds lovely. You can cook dinner (or order in from your favorite restaurant), watch a movie, play a few card games, and just spend quality time together. And when it comes to dressing for an occasion like this, I would try to mix cozy with chic. Try a feminine dress or a camisole with some jeans, sexy lounge-wear with a delicate necklace.
Valentine's Day is stressful enough, so your outfit should be a no-brainer: wear what makes you feel your best!