I recently bought a velvet over the knee boot from Zara and I am obsessed. I wore the above boots to work on Valentine's Day (you know I had to wear red!) and I received so many compliments. I love this trend especially since it's so versatile and a great way to transition into Spring.
You Choose from suede and leather varieties in a range of heights, styles and colours. Whether you love a high heel to lengthen your legs or prefer the comfort of a flat sole, there is an over-the-knee boot for you. Opt for standard black boots to match all your outfits or embrace the new range of browns, soft greys and burgundy. If you’re looking to take this trend to the next level and add some extra wow-factor, pick up a pair of the lace-up variety. No matter what you choose, you won’t be disappointed.
Over the knee boots can be intimidating especially for first time buyers so here are some general guidelines to help you out and make sure you conquer this statement footwear.
- wear these boots with a midi dress, short dress, sweater dress or over pants - the options are endless!
- highlight your legs!
- keep your outfit casual if you don't want to wear these statement-making boots too sexy.
- remember that you aren't too short, too curvy, too old, too tall to wear this trend! Don't let anyone deter you from getting these boots. Just balance out your outfit and remember your silhouette when styling these boots.
- let the boot overpower the rest of your outfit
- let the skin showing between the boots and your hemline be obscene! an easy rule it to not let it exceed five-seven inches
- forget about the fit. Your boots shouldn't be too tight or too loose that you are tugging on them the whole day. By-the-way, you will be tugging on them because they do tend to slip down as you walk. If you don't want to be doing this all day then get boots that have a tie on top so you can fasten them around your thigh.