There are tons of videos on how to use a beauty blender but my favourite is the video by Nicole Guerriero listed below:
Here are some tips on how you should be using your beauty blender. Just wanted to mention that there are some dupes (if you don't want to spend close to $25 for a beauty blender), Real Techniques has an amazing sponge called; Miracle Complexion Sponge, that is a very good dupe for the BB.
1. Don't use a dry beauty blender. The BB is supposed to be damp and completely wet.
2. Clean it every time you use it. I use the Beauty Blender Solid to clean by BB although you can use any soap. I use Cetaphil as my regular face wash and I feel that it isn't a great cleansing soap for the BB so, I bought the Solid which I love! it takes off all the makeup very quickly and doesn't irritate my skin or has a soapy residue.
4. When you are washing it, don't over scrub and rip it. Instead, use a gentle squeezing motion. While the sponge is soaking wet, pour the cleaner directly on any soiled spots. Use a slight pinching and scrubbing motion to distribute the cleaner or if you have a solid just swirl it around the soap to get a really nice clean.
5. Your BB won't be perfectly clean after every wash. You will have deposits of foundation that will be absorbed into the BB so, don't worry about it. The next time you wash your BB, don't wait too long and you can soak it overnight for any stubborn stains.
7. Use it for all your makeup! Like, i mentioned before you can use your BB to do your entire makeup; from contouring, highlighting, and setting.
8. Speaking of setting your make up. Use it for applying setting powder in focused areas, like under the eyes. I use a damp beauty blender to set my powder under my eyes. I use a sweeping motion rather than stippling to do this.
9. Bounce not wipe to apply foundation/creams. You are bouncing/stippling the BB against your skin so you are basically pushing the foundation into your pores.
10. Use the beauty blender to sculpt your face. Use the pointed end of the sponge to drag product with your contour cream. Then, use the larger end to bounce away any lines or for highlighting or adding foundation.
The more you use your beauty blender, the more new techniques you will learn and realize what works for your face. Honestly, it is one of the biggest game-changers for makeup application. If you have to invest in one thing; buy this! You can honestly, use drug store makeup (which is really getting better every year!) with a beauty blender and still get a flawless finish.
I always recommend this to everyone especially if you are very new to makeup and just learning. Trust me, it is absolutely revolutionary and it will change your life!
P.S. As always this review is unbiased and we have not been paid by Beauty Blender for this review.