So I wanted to break down some essentials for makeup when travelling. If you are like me, on vacation you want to get as much sleep as possible, so I don't like to spend alot of time on makeup.. Unless I am going out for dinner or a night out; I want my makeup to look super fresh and not take hours to complete. Also, you want your makeup to stay on the entire day (this is important), while travelling your schedule is usually packed with activities so you can't be re-touching your makeup constantly.
A trick that I use to help save time is that I pack my big sunglasses that take up half my face. This way you don't have to spend so much time on your eyes and half your face is covered anyways (saves you 1/2 the time on makeup). You just have to focus on the areas your sunglasses won't cover, i.e. eyebrows, cheeks etc.
Let's start with essentials and i'll move into some nice to haves:
1. Moisturizer with SPF included - THIS IS A MUST
2. Foundation/BB cream - you can even mix your foundation with some of your moisturizer for quick application
3. Eyebrow pencils - Fill in those brows!
4. Concealer - I'm torn with this because I think it's essential while some other people really don't care for concealer. I have dark circles under my eyes so for me it's important.
6. Lipstick - Try a different colour than your normal wear. Your on vacation so why not try a new pop of colour. I usually carry 2 shades and when I'm bored then i mix them up to get a brand new shade.
Don't forget your brushes or beauty blender!
Nice to Haves:
1. Eyeliner - liquid eyeliner is my fav
2. Eyeshadow palette - while travelling you can just bring a quad so that it's easy to pack and use.
3. Primer - this will make your makeup last the entire day
4. Setting powder - Laura Mercier is perfection and once again your makeup will last the entire day.
5. Setting Spray - budge free makeup
6. Contour Stick
7. Highlighter - for some this is a staple
8. Eyelash Curler
I never bring any makeup in my carry on bag! Especially with the hassle of fitting everything into a ziplock bag to bring on the plane, I think it’s just more convenient to put it all in my checked bag. Though I’ve heard horror stories of broken highlighters and shattered bottles, I’ve never had any makeup break during a flight! To stop it from moving around in my bag and reduce the chance of breakage, I pack my makeup bag in the middle of my luggage with clothes around it.
What makeup do you always bring with you when you travel?