Chokers are making a lasting impression in fashion and on streetstyle and show no signs of slowing down. Depending on your outfit (and mood) this necklace can either be a delicate add-on or an edgy statement piece. This trend works on just about anyone given that you are little careful with the type of choker you use.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when deciding on which choker is right for you:
- While classic black seems to be the most popular, There are some pretty cool chokers made out of materials like suede and precious metals. If you are apprehensive about this look then stick to simple black and you can experiment later.
- Layer them together for a more opulent look
- Tie something as simple as a ribbon around your neck or even a scarf if you don't want to wear jewellery.
- Remember to keep the thickness of the choker in mind. So, if you are blessed with a long neck you can wear a thicker/thinner choker without looking like you have no neck. But if you have a shorter neck then opt for a thinner choker so, it gives the illusion of having a longer neck while not covering your entire neck area and making you seem awkward.
- Don't want to spend too much money? buy a choker from Forever 21, H&M, ASOS or DIY one (buy a suede strong and wrap it around your neck or tie it in a bow)! There are so many options!
Here are some looks to help inspire you and then go buy yourself a choker because you know you want one.